Iraqi judiciary sentences al-Qaeda 'wali' in Anbar to death

  • COMMENT

    2

  • Print this article
  • increase decrease

The special criminal court in Anbar province on Thursday (November 8th) sentenced "the al-Qaeda wali in Anbar province" and two of his aides to death, Iraqi police said.

The defendants were convicted of their involvement in terrorist attacks between 2006 and 2010.

"The court convicted the defendants based on evidence and after the accused were confronted with witnesses," Anbar police chief Maj. Gen. Hadi Kassar Erzaij told Al-Shorfa. "In addition, the police arrested them red-handed as they carried out a terrorist operation at the end of last year."

Malath Nasser, an attorney appointed by the families of the victims, said the "wali", Daoud Ali, and his aides Mazen al-Dulaimi and Nameer Abd confessed to belonging to al-Qaeda.

ADD A COMMENT (COMMENT POLICY) * DENOTES REQUIRED FIELD

  • READER COMMENTS

    ابو فارس

    2013-1-30

    Peace be upon you dear brother Taha Muhammad. I swear your opinions are fruitful and sweet; however, the government smuggles the bank accounts abroad and they distribute the wealth to the citizens. I see that the citizens are going to build the strongest economy in the world.

  • طه محمد

    2012-11-26

    Iraq should put an end to the ongoing bloodshed by terrorists, which results from the bombings, assassinations and car bombs. These actions claim the lives of many innocent Iraqis and it is therefore necessary for the government to tackle terrorism so as to focus on the economy, investment activities, reconstruction, education, trade, tourism and other sectors that need development.